Thursday, March 10, 2011

What happened to the day??

I can't believe it's already 10pm! Where did my day go?? We had our conversation class in the morning. That was not too bad. I was relatively familiar with the phrases we were working with. However I found out that I can never get lost or lose something because that phrase/word is really long, and very difficult to pronounce! Our afternoon Culture class was okay. There are a few Chinese foreign exchange students in this class as well. Our teacher is kind of excited because he studied a lot of Chinese and sometimes puts the Chinese characters on the board to help 'translate' some for them. Emily, Maren and I went for a short run after class. It was a little bit embarrassing running because there is a bus stop towards the rear entrance of the campus and there were a LOT of students standing waiting for the bus and we had to run past them twice. It is kind of an unusual sight to see girls playing sports and even running. So I'm sure we looked a little crazy. After our run, Emily and I passed the soccer ball around in a 'performance area' in front of ET. We just sat outside because the sun was shining and it wasn't too cold. When the sun started going down a bit, we decided to study with a small group of the guys... except they don't really 'study'. They just all sit at tables next to each other (writing or reading) but don't talk at all. Dinner was not too bad...Emily and I REALLY hoped that it was going to be bad because we are in LOVE with Issac's (pronounced Eesack...); which is the amazing sandwich place we went to on Tuesday. 

After dinner, Emily hung out here. Then we went to Baskin Robbin's with Maren and Jenny. We ordered a quart I think and devoured it in about 10-15 minutes, haha. We were talking about Adam Richmond from Travel Channel's "Man vs. Food" show, and so toward the end we were saying "women vs. food!"...We had a lot of fun; I think Emily and I were on a bit of a sugar high, because all of a sudden, everything was really funny. 

Tomorrow we have a 'health test'. They are just going to do a little blood draw/test and an x-ray. It starts at 7, so...off to bed I go. 

PS I'm realllly behind on pictures! Hopefully there will be some down time on Saturday. LOTS of great pictures to come!! :)

Jenny and Emily with our GIANT tub of ice cream!
Oh yea, we just finished that.
Where did it all go?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment