Monday, March 7, 2011

1st Monday Class

We went to breakfast with a smallish group. Again, not too much looked appetizing to me this morning. After breakfast, I was planning on taking a shower and hiding out in Emily's room because the engineer was coming to fix our toilet and I wasn't sure what to say to him. However, just before I hopped in, he knocked on the door. It took about a half hour to fix whatever was wrong. The water was really cold in our shower, so I went to the communal showers; luckily there was hot water! After my shower, I went up to hang out with Emily and painted my nails with my new nail polish. Then we headed down for lunch. After lunch, Ben and I thought we would watch a movie because our group didn't have anything until 2:30. However it took forever to download-and then it wasn't the right format and didn't work anyway. Tim came down while it was downloading and we just talked and watched youtube until it was time to meet up for our cooking class. We walked about 5-10 minutes to a cooking institute. We made a type of cheon. The ingredients were pork, tofu, garlic, and onion. We mashed up everything and then made the mixture into little flat discs. We then dipped the discs in egg and fried them. They were okay-it was a LOT of work!! When class finished, we walked back to school and took a short break. I went up to Emily's room to hang out before dinner. Then Maren and Jenny joined us. We had dinner and Jenny said she was going to a guitar recital for her previous roommate. The Sweds, Ki, Tim, Maren and I went with Jenny. It was okay; it was just really slow and quiet...nice relaxing "go to sleep" music. We stayed until the intermission and came back. Emily came to our room and we did a little bit of studying. Tomorrow will be a busy learning-filled day!

Ingredients for the dish we are making
Ki, Top Chef with flair
Not so sure how mine turned out

No comments:

Post a Comment