Saturday, March 5, 2011

First Weekend at Inje

Today was a long day! (but good!) We had breakfast and then Jenny, Maren, Emily, Ben, Seung Bae, Tim and I went to Pusan! We did a little shopping around Seomyun; an underground shopping area. I bought a pair of flats and I was so excited I put them on right away and we started walking away from the store and it felt like there was something in my shoe. So I took it off and felt in the shoe-there was a staple in the shoe! Jenny and I went back to talk to the shopkeeper and show him the staple. He gave me a new pair AND gave me 1,000W back! :D 

We walked around some and then grabbed lunch. I had ddeok mandu guk (mandu-dumplings- and rice cake). It was so good! :) Then we did some more shopping! The girls split up from the guys for a bit and then we met up to go to Nampodong (outside shops). A few of us got hu ddeok (anyone remember what that is?! ;) I'm testing your Korean foods now!!). Unfortunately it was a little more expensive than the ones near school. However, they DID give you a little cup as a holder so the honey doesn't drip all over you (like it did to me-all over my coat and pants!). We wanted to come back so we could have dinner at the cafeteria (we don't get lunch on Sundays) and save some money. It took a looong time to get back and the cafeteria was kind of closed because we got there at 6:35-40. They weren't serving food anymore, but they did have a few servings of stuff left. It wasn't enough for everyone so some of us had cereal instead (I took the cereal). After dinner, Jenny, Emily, Tim and I went to the Home Plus Express (grocery store) near campus to buy some snacks. On the way we spotted a DVD rental store so we rented "Inception". We'll be watching that in a few minutes. I have TONS of pictures and I need to upload them. Hopefully there will be enough downtime tomorrow!

P.S. It's hard to believe I've been here for a week already! I feel like I've known everyone in our group for such a long time. I am also so thankful my roommate is the SWEETEST person! She is so nice, patient, and helpful. :) 

Jenny, me and Ben on the bus!

Seung Bae, Emily and Maren

Pretty girls. And Tim.

MICHIGAN!

Ddeok Mandu Guk. So yummy!!

Awesome!!

"Inception" Movie Night! Jenny, Emily, Maren and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment