Monday, March 28, 2011

Not a Case of the Mondays

I went off campus this morning to look around 'town'. The sun was shining and it was feeling warmish. When I passed the Kindergarten building there were a bunch of young children outside with two teachers. I thought maybe it was our classroom, but the kids looked too young. After watching them for awhile, I recognized my little host brother!! I tried waving to him, but he didn't see me at first; however ALL the other kids around him were waving back at me. Finally he looked up, and saw me waving, but it seemed like maybe he didn't recognize me. :(

I went to lift weights with Maren and Emily for a little. Then it was off to cooking class. Today we made the best dish so far. It's called "콩나물밥" (kong na mul bap). It was made up of rice, bean sprouts, garlic and green onion. We cut/diced everything up (except the bean sprouts) and boiled/steamed that for about 30 minutes. Then we made a sauce out of soy sauce, garlic, and chili pepper flakes. It was pretty yummy! I think mine had a little bit too much garlic though.

After class, Emily and I went for a run around campus a few times. I studied in the lounge a bit with Emily and Ben. I also met up with my ET leader to discuss our plans for tomorrow's group. He was so impressed with the activities I came up with and was so thankful for all my help. :)

Emily and me with our finished product! Yum!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment