Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Killer Tuesday

This morning we had our challenging conversation class. The thing that makes it the most difficult is that our teacher is new to teaching (Korean). She jumps from topic to topic, asks us to try to do stuff like repeat her (opposed to telling us "repeat after me"), and moves very quickly through the material. It reminds me what a good teacher needs to do in order to help his or her students. It also makes me appreciate the wonderful teachers I have met through my schooling years!

Next, we went on to Taekwondo. We had a different instructor today. He also only spoke in Korean, so if he told the class where the other instructor was...I can't tell you. Ha, ha. It was nice-today we almost spent the first 30 minutes stretching! We only attend class for an hour-the class continues, but we have to go to lunch and class shortly afterward. Our language course wasn't too bad. It's still a lot to take in sometimes and classes can seem a bit overwhelming. At this point it seems like I just need to memorize, memorize, and memorize vocabulary words. 

After class, some of us had to get our pictures taken for our F4 Visa. My ET group originally planned on bowling this evening; however since we were meeting at a different time there were many scheduling conflicts. Only 5 of us were able to go, so we decided to go and have some coffee and just spend some time practicing talking/conversation instead. 


White Hot Chocolate (not as good as SBCC) but look closely for the cute heart design!

Part of my ET group out for coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment