Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Long Day

I am busy, busy, busy! A lot of big events are happening this week and I am organizing them!! 

We had our 'challenging' conversation class this morning. After class, Taekwondo. It went a little bit long today. We had the original instructor. He did a good job breaking down moves and everything for us today. It must have been just because the TV guy was filming the first class that he wanted to show off and make us do challenging/exciting moves. Our language class was also a little difficult today. We had a sort of dictation quiz, except our professor said the words all in English and we had to come up with the Korean. We were quizzed on 55 random words-there were only two I couldn't remember and two that I misspelled! I studied with Emily a little and then I met up with Maren,NaRae (her roommate) and Jenny so we could plan for the birthday parties. We ordered three cakes and also bought Emily a birthday gift. 

I had my ET group tonight. I taught the whole lesson-it was a little scary teaching to a group of students my age!! We talked about parts of speech and everyone gave examples. We also did a few madlibs. I think they kind of liked that, but some of them don't really know enough English to understand the stories when they are all jumbled up. The request last week was to work on past/present/future verbs, but we didn't get to that this week. I think parts of speech was enough for most of them! After class, I hung out with a few of them in the lounge so they could practice speaking. I also did some more studying with Emily and Maren. What a long day! I guess it doesn't sound so bad on paper...but it was draining. Tomorrow is another busy, busy day!

Courtesy of a very attentive student during my parts of speech lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment