Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beautiful Spring Day!

The weather was soo nice today! I can feel spring in the air-I can hardly wait for it to stick around. The evenings get chilly, especially when the sun starts to set. 

I went to church this morning. It's still difficult to follow/know what's going on. I met up with Emily, Jenny, Ben and Tim at Isaac Toast...aka best sandwich place in town OR my new love. We ordered and took our sandwiches back to campus and ate at the 'outdoor auditorium' in front of English Town (from now on referred to as ET). After lunch Emily and I decided to go study some; the soccer guys and I planned to play soccer later in the day so we went to study over by the fields. While we were studying, all of a sudden Ben came running over from the opposite direction of the dorms and said he needed my help and to grab my stuff and follow him. He wanted to play tennis and there was a big group of older men and women (like a tennis club); he wanted me to translate for him, except I didn't know how to say any of the things he wanted me to tell them!! With a few words here and there I was able to kind of get the point across and Ben was able to play with them. Our 'soccer crew' arrived and then we saw the guys we played with last week and we went to ask them to play with us again. While we were in the middle of playing, the team that was in the futsal (fenced in) field left, so we went to play in there-rather than on the hard basketball court. It was a lot of fun. :)

Emily and Maren came to study our new vocabulary words for a little. Jenny was a huge help! We needed to hear the pronunciation of the words and she was so nice to read through 5-6 pages of vocab for us. When we were done studying, we just talked for a long time. I can't believe it's already 10:30. It is definitely time for bed! Luckily I only have the cooking class tomorrow, so it shouldn't be too difficult! :)

All of our sandwiches! :)
Sitting outside with our Isaac!
Yay for Isaac! Haha, Tim's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment