Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Movie Class

Wow...I just got out of the movie class and I can't even really think about what happened earlier in the day. The movie we watched was called "Taeguki" and it was about two brothers forced to fight in the Korean War and just their development and change throughout the war. It was very bloody and gory, but it was also very sad. The movie touched on some very deep and difficult concepts/ideologies-mostly based around what is acceptable behavior in war. You could feel the struggle, the emotions and the anger between 'brothers' (not just the main characters, but in the more figurative sense that it was Koreans fighting against Koreans) during the fighting/battle scenes. It was a difficult movie to watch in more than one way, but at the same time, it was good...Maybe it is a little hard for me to explain...


Kindergarten was a lot of fun this morning. We were going to teach them the Happy Birthday song, but they already knew that too. We sang the song a few times, and then worked in small groups to write birthday cards to one of the boys in class (it was his birthday today). Before Kindergarten, I was able to call my Grandpa and we had a nice talk. :) 

Tonight I just had a relaxed evening. I was able to do a little studying too.
PS: around 9:45 there was a knock on my door and one of my ET members asked if I was busy. She said "we're eating chicken at 10, so please join us"  So I went down and we ate chicken around 10:30... Why do Koreans like chicken so much?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment