Monday, June 20, 2011

What a day...

Well, my day started out early, in confusion and missed meetings...Hwa Sun and I were going to go to a traditional folk village near Namsan, but she sent me a text early in the morning saying there was a heat advisory and it wouldn't be the best choice for us to go somewhere outside all day. She asked me to come to her house as early as possible...meanwhile, I was still trying to organize my stay at the guesthouse because apparently my social worker didn't realize that I had requested to stay there for a few more nights. Once I was well on my way to meet Hwa Sun, I received a phone call from my social worker asking me to come to her office to talk about the situation. Hwa Sun picked me up by her car, so we drove alllll the way back to Gangnam so I could talk to my social worker. We worked things through and I had to move my bags to the first floor during the day. Hwa Sun wanted to take me to a nice restaurant in Gangnam, but while she was waiting for me she called the restaurant only to find out they are closed on Mondays! We drove back to her area and went to an Italian place for pizza. It was sooo good!! After lunch we went to a famous "patbingsu" (shaved ice with red beans) place. We chatted a little back at her place and then went to go pick Jaebin up from his bus stop! He had a huuuge smile for me (unlike last time because he had gotten in trouble at school and was crabby)! We played a little and then had to take him to his reading class. (After his reading class, he went to taekwondo...he was busy from 3-6!) Meanwhile, Hwa Sun and I (but mostly Hwa Sun) prepared everything for kimbap! When Jaebin returned from all of his extra activities we had dinner-the kimbap was the best!! :D We went to a little playground for their apartment complex and played there for a little. We returned to their home to meet Hwa Sun's husband. Later his sister came over for a visit and then they drove me to a subway station to return to the guesthouse. We are hoping to get together on Thursday-one last visit before I come home! It's hard to believe I will be home in less than a week!!! 

Pizza lunch!

Hwa Sun and our Patbingsu

Making Kimbap!!

Kimbap Monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment