Thursday, June 2, 2011

Birthday Continued!

Wednesday- Birthday!!!
In the afternoon Jenny, Emily, Maren and I went to Pusan. We went to the mandu restaurant we went to about a month ago...so delicious! After lunch we shopped a little and then went to Tom and Tom's for Honey Butter Toast! :) We also went to a photo booth place, but it wasn't very good and the options moved too fast; we didn't get to decorate all of our pictures. We headed back to Gimhae; Jenny and Emily told me they were having dinner with their ET groups, but that their groups were joining together and since Jenny's leader was Ji I should join them. When we got to Gupo Station to transfer buses, we actually ran into one of our friends from ET. He was on his way back to Inje too; he came along to dinner with us. We were going to our favorite restaurant  서래, a BBQ place-when we arrived it was everyone from our program. :) After we ate, Ki and Emily came out with a giant cake and somehow got the restaurant to play Happy Birthday over their sound system as well. Professor Cho showed up and got me a special bottle of soju! We went over to the Makgoli place where I stayed for about an hour; I was meeting my ET group for another little party. They had asked me my favorite Korean snacks the day before and I said "Oh Yesuh" (cake-cookies similar to Debbie Cakes); they made me an "Oh Yesuh" birthday cake!! It was amazing! They also ordered chicken after. We took goofy pictures and hung out. It was a really wonderful birthday. :) I feel so lucky to have so many friends. I also received birthday cards from some friends and family at home-it was so special to have those to open and feel loved from home. :)
Emily, Jenny, Maren and me at the mandu soup restaurant!

Cutting my (2nd) birthday cake!

Most of the IIIHR participants

My Oh Yesuh (3rd) Birthday Cake!!

All of the cards and presents from my friends and family from all around the world!

Today: I went into town to call my Grandpa-it was still my birthday back home and I really wanted to talk to him on my birthday. I also was fortunate enough to talk to my Mom on my birthday too. :) Culture class started out well; we played yut again. Our program students won 4 out of 4 games against the Chinese students! Then we learned a new game called "Hwa Du"-flower fight. It was kind of a complicated game to learn; there are many rules so it was a little hard following our professor's explanation. After class I went for a short run on my own. Emily came with me to my class. Halfway through they said we needed a break and then they turned off the lights. They came in with an ice cream cake from Baskin Robins! It was so sweet of them. After dinner, Emily and I went for a run. Later we are going into town to see if there are bags of bread from Paris Baguette.
Emily and me with some of my students

My Ice Cream (4th) birthday cake! Notice the cute little bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment