Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time is winding down...It's Wednesday!

Tuesday:
I had a nice relaxing morning. I went to meet Jenny around 1:30. She got settled here and then we walked to Gangnam area for lunch. We went to a Mexican restaurant called Julio's! It was pretty good. After lunch, we went to ABC New York Bakery and shared two pieces of cake. The cake was sooo delicious! Jenny and I debated whether to see Seoul from The 63 Building or Namsan Tower. We decided 63 Building because neither of us had been there in a long time. We got a packaged ticket and picked the sky art, IMAX and Wax Museum. First we went to the IMAX showing about surfing and waves in Tahiti. Jenny fell asleep (even though the program was in Korean!) and I felt sick/dizzy from the 3D/IMAX experience. After the IMAX, we went to the wax museum. At first I wasn't too excited about it, but Jenny and I had so much fun taking pictures with all of the wax celebrities! When we finished going through the museum, we met up to say goodbye to Milan, Megan, Kim, and Tim. Jenny and I then went up to the sky art to have a nice view of the city at night. Unfortunately my camera had to run out of battery at this point. The elevators in 63 Building go incredibly fast! It took us only a few minutes to get back down. It had really cooled off in the evening, so we took a little stroll along the Han River. Before coming back to the guesthouse we stopped at a kimbap shop to get raboki (ddeok boki + ramen) and kimbap to share for a late, late dinner. We skyped with Em and then had our 'dinner'. We stayed up a little bit longer talking and then went to bed.
Lunch at Juilo's: Mexican in Gangnam!
The two delicious cakes we finally decided on!

63 Building

Waiting for the IMAX to start

Mozart at the wax museum

Wax museum

Han River at night!!


Today: Jenny had to go to a hospital around Dongdaemun, but we planned to meet up at Insadong when she was done. I went to get us some bakery for breakfast/snack and headed to Insadong. While en route, Jenny called me to tell me that they were running late on appointments. I decided I would start walking around a little before she got there and found the rest of the gifts I needed for everyone! Jenny finally called me saying we just needed to meet up with her friends for lunch and that she wouldn't be able to make it to Insadong. It was really sad because Jenny was supposed to be able to stay until Friday, but unfortunately her Mom changed her mind and didn't want her staying that long. Jenny has never been to Insadong, so it was sad she didn't get a chance to go there. Anyway, I took the subway to Seoul Station to meet Jenny and her friend, but then we changed from eating near Seoul Station to Myeongdong so we traveled there together. We went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch; I ordered chicken cutlet. After lunch we found a shoe repair shop and I got my shoe fixed!! We went to a photobooth place to take pictures and then went to Coldstone. Jenny and I went to do a little shopping on our own...and then it was time to say goodbye! It was so sad to part with her! At the last minute she told me she had another little gift for me. She kind of collects shirts from a brand called Thursday Island (which is a brand I kind of liked when I went to Korea in 2000) and buys something for special occasions (because the clothes are kind of expensive) and she gave me one of her shirts. It was so sweet! I went back to Myeongdong to try and find a dress I saw on Friday, but with no luck I returned to the guesthouse. It's been nice to have a quiet evening here catching up on things. I will also need to start repacking soon too!  
Pottery shop in Insadong

Lunch with Jenny's friends

Saying goodbye! ㅠ.ㅠ

No comments:

Post a Comment