Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last full day in Gimhae!

Tuesday:
Emily, Yangyang and I went hiking to Sina San (Sina Mountain; I went there with my host family). We didn't get all the way to the top, but stopped at the Buddhist temple. We came back and went to lunch for Kim's last meal here. Tim and his brother Ben also returned to Gimhae to leave for Seoul. After they left, Jihye helped me get a bus ticket to Seoul. I went to play soccer with my students for almost 2 hours! :) It was a lot of fun. We didn't really have a class today, but their professor bought a bunch of kimbap for me and Emily. It was a successful kimbap party! Then it was on to more food...we had Em's going away dinner. We went to the same BBQ place where Emily burned her fingers last week. After dinner we went to get ice cream at Baskin Robbins. After a long chat with Prof Cho, we headed back to campus where we ran into Jenny and Narae. They were going to get coffee, so we went back into town to join them. When we returned, I went around with Em to try and find people to give her notes to and say goodbyes. She ended up spending the night in our room so she wasn't by herself.
Our tree after 2 1/2 months of growing!

Soccer with my students and some of their classmates!

Kimbap party with some of my students!!

About half of my students

Hanging outside before dinner

And then there were 3...

Baskin Robbins!
Today: I woke up and snuck down to Tous Les Jours to buy Em her favorite bread as a going away gift. I helped her zip up her suitcases and then had two guy friends help lug them down the stairs. Em had a big group of Koreans to say goodbye to and then the cab came to take us to the airport; Em invited me and Sean to go with her. At the airport Prof Cho met us and got coffee for them. We sat and talked a little and then my twin had to catch her plane. It was sad, but I don't feel too bad cause I know I will be seeing her several times over the summer. Pro Cho drove us back to campus. I went to lunch with Yangyang at the bibimbap/kalguksu restaurant for my last lunch in Gimhae. I had to go there because it is unique to Gimhae and soo delicious! Yangyang was so sweet and bought me lunch cause it's my last one here. After lunch I came back to pack/organize a little and relax. Around 3:30 I went to go see my students. Originally they told me they were going to show me some of their radiation equipment, but I ended up helping them proofread papers. Jenny and I were going to get my hair done around 5, but her exam went long so we didn't have time before our dinner plans. We met up with Yangyang, Prof Cho and the Malaysian students (exchange program to do research in the biomedical lab; living in ET). After dinner Jenny and I went for my perm! I was so nervous! They trimmed, thinned and layered my hair before setting it. It looks pretty great-I will post pics later! Jenny and I went to the Doghouse to get Bulgogi bread to bring back to the dorms. We enjoyed our bread and then skyped with Maren in Malaysia! Jenny and I met ByungUk to say goodbye (he has an exam during the time I will leave) and eat my favorite snacks.


Em, Sean and me

Prof Cho, Em and me

Yangyang and me at lunch!
Hair in curlers!!

Almost done!!!

Jenny and Amy's lonely party! Bulgogi bread!!

ByungUk and me saying goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment