Saturday, June 25, 2011

Final Full day in Seoul!

Thursday: In the morning I went to meet Hwa Sun in Itaewon. We went to a restaurant called Suji's. She really wanted to take me there for brunch; 4 years ago Erin, Hwa Sun, Jaebin and I went there! After our meal we went back to her home to hang out more. Jaebin came home from school and he did his homework. We played a little and then his friends came over for an art lesson-Hwa Sun teaches them twice a week I think. When their class was over, we took Jaebin to taekwondo and Hwa Sun drove me to a subway station so I could go meet Ji and his girlfriend for dinner. We went to Yeongdeungpo, which is the shopping area I went to at the beginning of my trip! (Crazy all of the things I'm repeating at the end...) We had a chicken stir-fry/soup dish. Then we went to a bar/restaurant to chat.
Hwa Sun and our brunches!

Hwa Sun Unni and me!

Jaebin and his friend!

Ji cooking
Today: Last full day in Seoul!! I can't believe it!! I finally got to talk to my mom! I had to go to an ATM to get money to pay for the guesthouse and I had some trouble at first so I was worried, but everything worked out okay. I had looked up a museum called "Sarangchae at Cheong wa dae" (translated means: living room at Cheong wa dae-which is the Presidents house). I started walking there, but when I got to a certain point, I noticed there were a lot of policemen and security personnel around, so I wasn't sure what to do or how to explain where I wanted to go. So I ended up walking to the tourist center that wasn't too far away. On the way I stopped to take some pictures of Gyeongbogung and the King Sejong Museum (I was there in April with Em). I got a brochure about the museum and thought I would try again, so I walked back and showed the brochure and they let me through! The museum was pretty nice; it was mostly about Seoul and a little bit about the presidents. After the museum, I walked along Cheongycheon, my favorite spot in Seoul. (The man-made fixed-up and cleaned-up river) I was possibly meeting up with Ji and his girlfriend again, so I just wandered the area and actually realized how close I was to Insadong, so I walked around there again. I heard back from Ji and he couldn't meet up with me, so I went to a restaurant for Japchae (noodle dish I love) that I had noticed earlier. After dinner I walked to Myeongdong because there was another possibility I could meet Ji there. I looked around there and ended up coming back to the guesthouse. On the way I stopped at the ABC New York Bakery again. I bought a piece of cake for the cute little old front desk man and a piece for myself. When I got back, I gave him the cake and he gave me a big hug. He ran downstairs and gave me a Be the Reds soccer shirt! :) The rest of the evening was spent attempting to pack!! 

Just to the right of the building in front you can see the roof of the Blue House

Finally made it to this museum!

Future President of Korea???
Down by Cheongyecheon!

People watching at dinner!

Japchae!

Cream cheese Strawberry cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment