Saturday, June 4, 2011

24 Hour Trip to Busan!

Friday: We had our final music class with Director Kim. We sang our three songs and also had a little discussion about our memories and time here. After class Milan, Ji and I met with the Hall Director to get an award in another dormitory. During our festival week our RA's told us we had to write an essay about our life in the dorms at Inje; we could win a prize if our papers were chosen. Turns out Milan and I did the best of the foreign students (or were just the only ones to turn a paper in...) and Ji placed 2nd on campus. Anyway, we had to receive our awards and take pictures with the Dean of Resident Life or something like that. Ji got Happy Money; Milan and I got really nice tea sets. I gave Ji a lunch ticket so he could eat in the cafeteria with us. After lunch he treated Emily and me to Baskin Robins. :) Then it was off to our last writing class! I went over to teach my class, but when I walked in the guy in charge looked surprised to see me and said he had tried to call me to tell me we were cancelling due to the lack of students that day. I went back to finish preparing for the evening. At 5:45 a group of 7 of us met to take the school bus to Haeundae Beach in Pusan. When we arrived in Haeundae, we found a nice Italian restaurant to have dinner. Emily, Jenny and I split a set meal that had pizza, carbonara pasta, and a salad. We went to a bar and grill to meet up with a few other friends from our group and their friends from InKAS. We were able to meet more adoptees from the US and Netherlands. We went to Club Elune which was free for foreigners before midnight. It was okay, but Emily, Maren, Jenny and I left early to head to Vesta, a jjimjilbang (sauna/bathhouse/spa). Unfortunately, the pools were being cleaned so we couldn't soak, but the sauna rooms were open so Emily and I went into one with hot rocks and laid in there for a little. Finally the pools opened up and we soaked for a little before heading to bed. 
Pasta Carbonara and salad part of the set!

Pizza and pasta carbonara part of the set!

Lights for the sand festival!
 Today: Emily and I went back to our hot rock sauna room and also soaked in some of the pools before getting ready for the day. Emily, Maren, Kim, Jenny, and I walked from the jjimjilbang to Haeundae Beach (about 10 min). Emily, Jenny and I went to have lunch with one of Emily's Korean friends who was an exchange student in the United States 3 years ago. Her friend, Jaemin also invited two of his friends along. We went to a Mexican restaurant and all ordered burritos. It was pretty good, but they were really busy so the service was so incredibly slow! After lunch we went in search of a McDonald's for a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. We walked on the beach then and enjoyed the sand sculptures. Jenny needed to head back to campus, so we left. As we were leaving, she spotted an outdoor foot spa, so we soaked our feet for a few minutes before taking the subway and bus back to Inje. Tonight I am just planning on getting some busywork finished and heading to bed early! 
Jung Yoon and me at Haeundae Beach!

Cool sand sculpture

New friends!

Jung Yoon and me soaking our feet!

Outdoor foot spa! Look at all the ajushi's and ajumas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment