Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The longest Sunday ever!!

What an incredibly long, long day! MK and I got up around 8. Her mom made us omurice (rice with vegetables covered by an omelet); it was so good! We left her house around 9 and dropped MK off because she had a TOEIC (English skills) test. Her dad and mom took me to the airport which was sooooo nice!! I found the counter to check-in and put my first suitcase on the scale. It was 28 kilos and the max is 23 kilos!!! So, I did some fast adjusting and stuffed as much as I could into my second suitcase, carry-on bag, and backpack. I finally got it to the right weight and then went through security. I didn't have long to wait before we started boarding. I found my seat and before I knew it we were off. I had mixed feelings leaving. I was very excited to come home and see everyone at home, but I was also sad leaving behind my new friends. I felt like the 10 days I had in Seoul were rushed and that I still had places to see and things to do! On the 12 hour ride, I ended up watching 5 movies and not sleeping at all. The time went rather quickly and before I knew it, we were approaching Chicago! I made it off the plane and then found a very long customs line. However, after standing in line for about 2 minutes, I noticed a huge mass of people join the back of the line! I just missed a big rush!! After getting through customs, I had to wait awhile for both of my suitcases to arrive; I was worried they both wouldn't show up. Joe was on the other side to greet me and take my heavy bags for me! :D (I think my bags weighed more than I do!) We went to Chipotle for lunch and then to HMart (Korean grocery store) to stock up on some of my most favorite Korean items. The HMart is quite large, but at the same time, I feel like their variety is lacking a little. There were some snacks I was hoping to find, but they did not have them. Then, we started home! I fell asleep in Indiana and woke up near our exit. When we got home, Toby barked his head off, but when I came inside he jumped all over me, wagging his tail. At the same time, he was a little distracted because he knew Joe was there and he was waiting for Joe to come in too. I organized and unpacked a little; then we started prepping for our cookout dinner. Joe grilled burgers for us. My mom had invited our family friend, Margret, over and Phil and Amy joined us as well. We had wonderful weather for eating outside. After everyone left, I was exhausted; after all I had traveled 'all day' AND had almost stayed awake for 26 1/2 hours straight. 
Omurice!

MK and me saying goodbye at her home

Just made it out of Korea before the Typhoon!!

On to Chicago!

Last Korean meal on the plane!
 Today: When I woke up in my own bed this morning, I felt as if I had never left...I wondered if my time at Inje had just been a really good dream. It's hard to believe I haven't been home since February! Anyway, adjusting to being back in the States so far hasn't been too difficult. I worked on unpacking, laundry, cleaning and organizing. I also was distracted many times by a cute, little brown dog...I just HAD to give him some loving and cuddling!! It was an amazing four month adventure and I know I will never forget the experiences, the memories or the friendships I made. I am so grateful to all of the people who welcomed me and showed me kindness while I was at Inje, in Seoul, and in Incheon. 

Thanks for reading and following along with me as I made this incredible journey!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment