Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Terribly Long Tuesday

Yesterday: I was able to talk to my Mom after almost 2 weeks! I was also able to talk to my "언니" (unni= big sister) Erin back in Wisconsin. :) The weather was so gorgeous!! I sat outside to do some studying. My friend 정관 came to help me with some Korean. Then, off to cooking class. Today we made "김치 만두국" (kimchi mandu guk= kimchi dumpling soup). We made the dough, the filling, AND the broth (made from little fish stock!) from scratch!! It was a long process. Our teacher said that there is kind of a myth/joke that how well your dumplings look determines or means how beautiful your children will be! 

After cooking class, Emily and I went for a quick run on campus. We headed to dinner and had our three judges determine this week's winner...me! Emily, Ben, Jenny, and I had a taste for ice cream...so we went to Lotteria (Korean McDonald's) and got cones there. Later in the evening, we went out for Ki Chul's birthday. We also went to 노래방 (noraebang= karaoke). It was a lot of fun!

Em and me with our mandu babies!

Happy Birthday Ki!!

Noraebang!

Today: Our conversation class was alright. We mostly reviewed sentence markers. Our language class practiced talking about what we did over our long break. In the evening, my ET group met and discussed a Membership Training trip we are taking this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment