Friday, May 6, 2011

Catching Up

Wednesday: Kindergarten was canceled today, so it was nice to have a little bit more time to get ready in the morning. In our conversation class, we practiced our speeches that we have to give to the president and founder of Inje University in a few weeks. Then, Jihye invited a former IIIHR participant to come and talk with us because she married an Inje student and now lives in Korea. In our movie class, we watched "Joint Security Area (JSA)". It was another movie about the Korean border, but I really liked it (even though it was also sad). We also had birthday cake for Yangyang's birthday during class. In the evening we went to the Makgoli place to celebrate her birthday.


Thursday: No class today!! It was Children's Day, which is a National Holiday in Korea! :) Jenny wanted to show us a famous Mandu restaurant in Pusan, so Tim, Maren, Em, and I went to Pusan with her for the day. The Mandu soup was sooo good!! After we ate, we went to a Yongdusan Park that has the "Pusan Tower". There were a lot of activities and things going on in the park for Children's Day, so we walked around and looked at everything. Then we went to Gwangwali Beach. Afterward, we went to Tom and Tom's for....Honey Butter Toast!! :) We grabbed a quick dinner (I had kimchi fried rice) and headed back to Inje for another birthday party. At night, I had a girls night with Maren, Emily and Jenny. :)
Emily, Maren, and me before leaving to Pusan

Mandu "cloud" soup! Yum!

Yongdusan Park!

Gwangwali Beach with the bridge in the background



Today: I met with my friend JiWon and his class senior to discuss the job I got! I will be working with a group of Biomedical Engineers to help them with their speaking skills. After we had lunch with the class senior, we went over to the lab and I got to meet and talk a little bit with the students I will be working with. They all seem very eager to learn and nice.

I am going to Jiri Mountain with my English Town group for "Membership Training". We will spend one night and come back tomorrow! Signing off for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment