Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last Wednesday in May!

I can't believe May is almost over. This month flew by!!


This morning we had a make up class for our Friday writing because we have off due to the University Festival week. After class, I went to Kindergarten. We played "telephone" outside with them again. This time we used English-color words. They did a really good job. :) We had two guests in our conversation class. Jihye previously volunteered with InKAS, which is an adoptee organization, and they asked her to be a translator for a French and Dutch adoptee yesterday. She invited them to Inje University to sit in on some of our classes. They also came to movie class with us. We watched "Old Boy". It was a very disturbing movie and I would not recommend it. I'm not sure why we watched it. 


I went to go teach my class. Emily came with me. Yesterday we had to cut class short before we finished working on some "skits" and I told them I would try and have a friend come and act out a skit for them with me. Emily was a good sport and came along and stayed for the whole class. We played a few other word/guessing games after watching the other groups give their skits. 


Two of our friends were singing in a competition for the university festival. Jiwon mentioned they would be singing around 6, so Emily and I went to the Student Union to see if they were singing yet. Jiwon let me know it would be closer to 7, so we went to have dinner at BioTech. We met up with Tim and he decided to go and see Jiwon and Inseok sing with us. We had to watch a whole bunch of other singers and dancers before our friends. The best group was the ROTC members dancing around; it was pretty entertaining. Emily and I went into town with her friend Sean. He invited us to see a 'famous' singer perform, but he told us it was at 10pm. Turns out it was actually at 9; we didn't go. Around 9:30 we went back into town and went to Paris Baguette to see if they had their discount bags of bread-they did, so I bought some nice looking bakery. :D We came back to ET and watched a movie in my room. Tomorrow our culture class is canceled due to the festival! I still have to go to my conversation class in the morning, but it is nice to know the afternoon is mostly free (I have to teach earlier because we are also having a farewell party in the evening).
Our friends JiWon (center) and Inseok (right) being interviewed after singing


No comments:

Post a Comment