Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday...nothing new

It was kind of overcast and cool in the morning, but by afternoon it had warmed up a bit and the sun came out. Emily and I went outside to study and 정관 helped us with our Korean. Then off to cooking class. Today we made 칠절판 "chil (seven) cheon pal". It is a traditional dish for important celebrations; usually there are nine 'sides' that are made; today we made seven. The seven sides included mushroom, carrot, cucumber, egg yolk, egg white, pork and 'cheon' (rice powder and water made into a dough and fried). Everything tasted pretty good, but it was hard to make the eggs and the dough into circles. At dinner we had Magnus and Joakim taste our dishes. At first, Joakim said he couldn't vote because they tasted too similar, but we said he had to vote. Ji was gone again, so we had almost everyone else at the table vote...Emily's dish won again this week! 

After dinner, Emily and I had planned on running, but it was too cold! Instead, we went to A Twosome Place (coffee shop chain) to study. Tim and Jenny joined us. The "Happy Money" we earn for being good students can be used at A Twosome Place, so I bought a coffee drink and a dessert; if I hadn't had the coupons I wouldn't buy anything there because it is so expensive! My total came to 10,300 won!! (Around $10 for just a drink and dessert!!) We studied for a few hours there. Now it is definitely time for bed!

My completed plated "칠절판"!

Emily and me with our dishes!

Studying hard with my 'coffee drink' and blueberry dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment