Monday, April 4, 2011

Lazy Monday

It was sunny but a little chilly today. As long as I was in the sun, I was warm enough. I went outside and did a little bit of studying. I was joined by Jeong Kwan and then his friend Jinil. Emily also joined when she was done with Kindergarten and Inseok also stopped to study and hang out. They quizzed us on words and corrected our pronunciation. I tried to come up with sentences and they helped correct me. We made a deal to meet up for our "study group" every Monday afternoon now! :) 

Cooking class was pretty nice. I unfortunately forgot my 가방 (kabang=bag) in my room so I did not have my camera. We made 궁중 떡볶이, except with soy sauce. I've actually never seen or heard of it before, and we had one out of three of our Korean friends who had never eaten or heard of it before. Anyway, this dish consisted of rice cake, pork, green onion, garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce. It was pretty tasty. When we got back to campus, Emily and I handed our dishes over to Magnus. (More on that later...)


Emily and I went for a run 2 1/2 times around campus. After our run we all went to dinner. Joakim, Magnus and Ji are now the judges for Emily and my cooking. The past few weeks we've been bringing our extra food back for them to try. The first week only I brought something back. Last week only Magnus had both dishes (but he voted for Emily's) Today I received two votes  and Emily received one. The score currently stands at 1 v 0.5. We gave Emily a half a point because even though only one person tried both, she still got that win. Stay tuned for next week's match up!

 I studied with a bunch of Emily and a few Korean friends in the lounge. I also worked with my ET leader to plan tomorrow's class.  I also corrected one of my ET member's speech for one of his speaking classes.

View outside from the 4th floor

Cherry Blossom tree

In front of ET

Emily and me outside

So pretty!

Emily, Maren and me in front of ET

No comments:

Post a Comment