Friday, April 1, 2011

Celebrations Continued

Thursday:
After our class, we planted trees for Korea Arbor Day. The actual holiday is celebrated on April 5th, but we celebrated it today because the founder of Inje University was visiting campus. For dinner, we met as a group to go out for chicken. We went to a restaurant that had a big TV so we could watch ourselves on the KBS program "Saeng Saeng Today". It was fun to see ourselves on Korean TV! :) After dinner, our group split up and it was hard keeping the party a surprise for Emily. Maren and I went to pick up the cakes and other supplies for the party and then set up. At 8:30 all the guests of honor were supposed to arrive together to be surprised in the lounge. It didn't quite work out, but it was still a lot of fun and everyone had a good time. After cake, we went out for some birthday beverages.

Emily, Ki, and me with our tree! It was HARD work planting it!

"Hi, I'm Emily" "Hi, I'm Amy" "We're from Michigan!" Emily and me on KBS!!

White chocolate, chocolate cream cheese, and green tea cakes for the surprise birthday party!

Magnus, Emily, and Milan: Birthday Friends!

L to R: Maren, me, Emily, Jenny (my roommate), and NaRae (Maren's roomate)


Today:
I skyped with my Mom so I could wish her a Happy Birthday! I had music class and then later half of the class was picked to go meet the music teacher's students in the afternoon. I was in that half. When we arrived in the classroom, they were had chicken and pizza for us. We talked a little with them and introduced ourselves. When the music professor arrived, he had us sing the two songs we've been practicing to the class. Our writing class went alright. This evening I just hung out with Emily and Jenny. I'm calling it an early night tonight for sure! We are heading into Pusan tomorrow and I will get to see my friend Oh-Mee. I met her in 2009 during the GOA'L program. I am excited to spend some time with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment