Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Second Day in Korea

Today is my second full day in Korea!

I landed on Monday, February 21. Min Kyung was able to meet me and help me get to the Guest House in Kangnam. We went to a restaurant called Food 2900 and ordered kimbap for dinner.

Yesterday we had Dak Galbi for lunch-my favorite!! After that we did some errands, including looking into renting a cell phone for me. However, it looks like it will be too much of a hassle...so I will be going cell phone free for 4 months!! We window shopped around Hongik University and then went to Yeongdeun to see the mall there. After that, we went to the underground mall next to the big mall and I bought my first pair of shoes! :) We had mandu for a snack/dinner and we parted ways.

Today I am planning on visiting Gyeonbuk Palace and meeting up with Hwa Sun and Jaebin. 

Min Kyung and me at a Dak Galbi restaurant in Kangnam

Dak Galbi!! They just added the rice.

Big (only) shopping mall in Korea

I think it might be bigger than Mall of America!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun, just don't buy too many shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cell phone free for four months!
    the pictures look fun

    ReplyDelete