Saturday, February 26, 2011

Made it to Inje University

I made it to Inje University! (I have to make sure to include 'University' because there is actually a city named Inje, but it is no where near Kimhae, the city where the University is located.) I left around 9 am to make my way over to Seoul Station. Luckily, I found elevators when I did not think there were any! However, I did encounter a few places where I needed to lug my suitcase up a few steps. I received my ticket and had about an hour to wait for the train. The train ride was uneventful; the only unfortunate thing was that I had to store my suitcase right in front of me so I had no leg room for the 5 hour ride. When I got to Gupo Station, the coordinator was not there immediately and I was a little nervous, but after waiting for maybe a minute she arrived with her boyfriend to pick me and another girl up. Then we drove to the University. I lugged my suitcase up a bunch of steps and have just been settling in. It feels good to unpack, but a little strange to be living in a dorm again! My roommate is not here yet and there doesn't really seem to be anyone here...I know the girl I came in with is on the floor above me (she is not Korean, so I am a little confused) and there were also two guys that were walking in when our car pulled up-those are all the people I have seen so far. Classes don't start until the 2nd (the 1st is a holiday). I have a bathroom-shower, toilet and sink in the room which is soo nice. We also were given bedding. Food service doesn't start until classes do, so pretty soon I will go see what I can find in the area! I have an orientation at 10 AM tomorrow morning. It's really cold in my room and I'm not sure how to work the heater.

Train Station (my train is 2nd from the bottom)

Lots and lots of mountains

Entrance to the room! (bathroom on right)

Bunk bed-I took the bottom

Desk area

Sign in front of dorm

No comments:

Post a Comment